Down By The River

Posted on Updated on

devon_river

Down By The River
Down by the river an old man sang,
His voice so full of life, one with tide.
He whistled ancient tunes, calling
His soul back home, borne on wind and stars.

Down by the river, old women sang,
Their voices full of family love.
They hummed ancient lullabies, soft
And gentle, guiding their children home.

© David R. Durham, All Rights Reserved.

• Photographs from this blog are for sale here: PHOTO PRINT SALE
  • To receive blog updates, click on the +Follow on your screen.
  • Technical details on the photo are on the Photo Information page.
Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Down By The River

paulettemotzko said:
    July 13, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Reblogged this on Photos That Inspire Words and commented:
    David R Durham is such a gifted writer & photographer and I have just become one of his biggest fans.
    I reblogged three of his works on PhotosThatInspireWords today because he is doing what I had hoped to see others do with the photos I select for the site…write something that inspires you when you look at the photo.
    Keep writing and shooting photos that freeze great moments for all time.

Paulette L Motzko

paulettemotzko said:
    July 13, 2014 at 6:47 pm

You are such a gifted writer photographer and, as I just wrote on PhotosThatInspireWords.wordpress.com, I am one of your biggest fans.
    i shared three of your works on the site.
    I love the ones I reblogged.
    i am Paulette Le Pore Motzko on Facebook and
    PollyMotzko on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

Elated to have discovered you, all because you began following me.

PLM

David responded:
      July 13, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Thank your Paulette for your kind comments, and for sharing some of my work.
      Best Wishes,
      David.

paulettemotzko said:
        July 13, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Hello David,
        You are so welcome; it was my pleasure. Your photos & words give me joy.
        Where are you located at?

Paulette Motzko

David responded:
        July 14, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Hi Paulette,
        I’m in London, England.
        David.

paulettemotzko said:
        July 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I just added you to my World Clock so I would know what time it is where you are. Looks like it is 730 pm. It is 1132 am here…
        I would love to travel to London one day and there is so much I want to see, especially the old tea houses, of course The Big Ben etc…
        Now there is a focal point…YOU.
        England always reminds me of Mary Poppins.

paulettemotzko said:
        July 14, 2014 at 6:35 pm

If you ever travel to Las Vegas, NV, USA ….look me up. Lots of beautiful things to photograph and international business people here & housing is cheaper…..which is why I came.

Paulette M.

Look me up on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram as PolyMotzko.
        You are amazingly talented.